To make our students physically strong and psychologically mature.
- To encourage greater participation of students in various events.
- To increase the number of events held at the college.
- To host more university and state level events.
Attention to competition, ability, courage and character is the hallmark of physical education and sports Department of Sree Siddaganga College of Arts,, Science and Commerce, B H Road, Tumkur. Since the very beginning of in the year 1966. The above characters have been exhibited by our students and alumni of our college who have been always in the forefront in sports achievement of Bangalore University and Tumkur University. The department is committed to its mission ‘Men sona copper sona’- a sound mind in a sound body, besides its vision of holistic development of the students.
2018-2019 has been an event full significant year since it witnessed a great number of events in conduction and achievement.
The Department has conducted selection trails in Athletics, Cross country, Ball badminton, Badminton, Chess, Kabaddi, Volleyball, Football, Cricket, Kho-kho, Weight lifting, Yogasana, Netball, Handball, Taekwondo and Wrestling
- Staff room 20*12 Feet
- Indoor games hall 10*6.5 Mtrs
- Gym room
- Volleyball Court 18*9 Mtrs
- Kabaddi court
- Netball court 100*50 feet
- Throw ball court
- Ball badminton court
- Badminton court
Incentives given to outstanding Sports persons
- Every year those who represent the state/university are get Track suit / carry bag at the time of Sports day function
Beyond the Class room doors
- A17 member teacher team under the chairmanship of principal, monitors and takes important decision on sports issues like –
- TA DA for players
- Purchase of sports material
- Hosting inter collegiate tournaments
- Hosting inter class competitions
- Conducting of sports day and others.
- We have memorandum of under of standing with M G stadium and SIT stadium tumkur.
- Our staff members with high sports spirit, stay back after class hours and encourage. Our student players they also act as team captains and lead them to various tournaments across Karnataka.
- We agree there is lack of space in the college but we don’t lack spirit Victory, Joy, Defect, Sadness and Success are the emotions our students share in addition to the inculcation of values like team spirit, leadership, co-operation and discipline.
With the belief “A Healthy mind in a healthy body”. Physical education is an integral part of educational programmer designed to promote the optimum development of an individual physically, emotionally, mentally, socially and spiritually through total body movement in the performance of properly selected physical activities. The primary aims of physical education have varied, based on the needs of the time and place. Most of the institutions’ goal is to provide students with knowledge, skills, capacities, values and the enthusiasm to maintain a healthy lifestyle into adulthood. Activities included in the programmers are designed to promote physical fitness, to develop motor skills, to instill knowledge and understanding of rules, concepts, and strategies. Students learn to either work as part of a team, or as individuals, in a wide variety of competitive activities.
Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. Sports is commonly referred to activities where the physical capabilities of the competitor are the sole or primary determinant of the outcome (winning or losing), Sport is commonly defined as an organized, competitive and skillful physical activity requiring commitment and fair play
Physical Education Director
Physical Education and Sports Report 2018-2019sports18-19
Physical Education and Sports Report 2019-2020sports19-20
Physical Education and Sports Report 2020-2021sports20-21
Physical Education and Sports Report 2021-2022sports21-22
Physical Education and Sports Report 2022-2023sports22-23_compressed