Title of the practice: –Women empowerment
- To develop a spirit of gender sensitization.
- To empower girls with physical and emotional strength.
- To create awareness among the girls about their civic rights.
- To enable the students develop a sense of culture, ethics, morality and social responsibilities.
- To develop self esteem and self confidence in girls.
“There is no chance for welfare of the world, unless the condition of the women is improved”; believing in these words of Swami Vivekananda, the college focuses on the activities related to women empowerment. Women Empowerment Cell (Abhimukhi) has been organizing many activities like self-defense training, lecture series on health and hygiene, legal awareness, celebration of International Women’s day etc. All these activities have made the students believe that women are the nurturers, custodians and bearers of social tradition.
- The Cell conducted a ‘Self Defense Training’ program for 8 days from 21-1-2019 to 8-2-2019 with the collaboration of MD Physic Future and Sports academy. About 110 students were benefited. Manoj Kumar, M.D., Founder, Instructor and Examiner was trainer of this program
- ‘Green the Red’ health and hygiene program was conducted on 11-1-2019. Chakrasthita was the resource person for this program.
- A program was organized on ‘Mental Health Care’ on 26-09-2019 by Dr Sanjay Raj.
- Fashion designing training program related to ‘Crosha work for Sarees’ was organized from 18-02-2020 to 19-02-2020 by Alumni student Miss. Mownika. Nearly 30 students were benefited.
- A program on ‘Stress Management’ was organized on 12-02-2021. The resource person was Chandrika R Kantikar, Founder and Owner of GNANA Personal Growth Center.
- A Special talk on ‘Opportunities for Women Entrepreneurship’ was organized on 14-08-2021 by Shailaja H Vittala, Proprietor, Dharma Technologies, Tumkur.
- Jewellery Making workshop was conducted for 5 days from 07-12-2021 to 13-12-2021. Smt. Shilpa Chethan was the trainer. The cell organized an exhibition and sale of the ornaments prepared by our students on International Women’s Day.
- ‘Menstrual Hygiene and Management Day’ was observed in association with “HASIRU DALA – an NGO” on 28-05-2022. Smt. Chakrasthitha was the resource person for this program.
- A special talk was organized on ‘Government Incentives to promote Women Entrepreneurship’ on 16-6-2023. Sri B. T Suresh, Senior Technical Manager, KSFC, Tumkur was the resource person.
- International Women’s day was observed on every year.
|Date & Year||Chief Guest||Topic|
|08-03-2019||Smt. Rekha Babu Secretary, Ankitha School||Women an epitome of strength|
|09-03-2020||Ms. Aishwarya Suresh Gowda
MBA and MS in USA
Syndicate Member, Tumkur University
|The Power of Women in 2020
|08-03-2021||Smt. Keerthi Prabha N
District Development Manager, NABARD, Tumakuru
Social Entrepreneur & Proprietor, Tex-ART Studio, Tumakuru
Commissioner, Tumakuru City Corporation, Tumakuru
Dr. Jyothi B Panth
Sree Siddaganga College of Education, Tumakuru
Importance of Education to empower women
Dr. Jyothi B Panth
Gender Equality today for a sustainable tomorrow
|13-03-2023||Smt. Sujatha Ragavendra
Secretary, Aruna Educational Trust & Founder of Ashiwini Ayurvedic Medical College, Tumakuru
|How to empower women in various aspects and importance of Gender Equality|
Evidence of success:
The activities have a positive effect on the students especially girls. Programs on legal awareness, physical training, self-defense, special training on home management, hospitality management and cooking help in developing personal, social and professional skills needed by girls.
In some activities there is a limitation on the intake of student participants which poses as a hindrance owing to the enthusiasm of the students.
1) Sensitization lectures by the heads of the departments and other senior faculty to emphasize on the need of these activities for the development of students.
2) Motivating students to participate in all these activities in huge numbers.Women Empowerment